The plate is from the Ireneusz Szarek collection which was donated to the Royal Castle in 2004.
The first Polish porcelain was produced in 1790 at the porcelain and faience manufactory in Korec. Although its activities were short-lived (1784–1832), the products made there achieved a high level of artistic skill, particularly in the years 1790–6 and 1807–15. Tableware services, tea and coffee services, decorative vases and utilitarian objects were produced at the manufactory. The tableware was most often ornamented with bouquets with one dominant flower, an example of which can be seen on this plate; it is the only piece of Korec porcelain in the Royal Castle’s collections and is all the more valuable as it was made in the 18th century.